Why would she say these things if they weren't true?
Mandy was diagnosed before we ever met with Borderline Personality Disorder (as was Jennifer). This may account for the accusations. Here's proof. This is Mandy explaining the diagnosis to me after talking to one of her therapists in 2010:
Mayo Clinic's list of signs and symptoms talking about how BPD manifests in relationships:
Borderline personality disorder affects how you feel about yourself, how you relate to others and how you behave.
Signs and symptoms may include:A lot of people in the game community that spread the accusations don't trust clinical diagnosis or language, so here is some description of how this goes from people who suffer from BPD:
- An intense fear of abandonment, even going to extreme measures to avoid real or imagined separation or rejection
- A pattern of unstable intense relationships, such as idealizing someone one moment and then suddenly believing the person doesn't care enough or is cruel
- Rapid changes in self-identity and self-image that include shifting goals and values, and seeing yourself as bad or as if you don't exist at all
- Periods of stress-related paranoia and loss of contact with reality, lasting from a few minutes to a few hours
- Impulsive and risky behavior, such as gambling, reckless driving, unsafe sex, spending sprees, binge eating or drug abuse, or sabotaging success by suddenly quitting a good job or ending a positive relationship
- Suicidal threats or behavior or self-injury, often in response to fear of separation or rejection
- Wide mood swings lasting from a few hours to a few days, which can include intense happiness, irritability, shame or anxiety
- Ongoing feelings of emptiness
- Inappropriate, intense anger, such as frequently losing your temper, being sarcastic or bitter, or having physical fights